Role: Level Designer
Developer: Magic Design Studios
Period: April 2018 - April 2019
Platforms: Consoles and PC
Unruly Heroes is a 2D Platformer Beat'em all inspired by the Chinese legend of the Monkey King, also known as Journey to the West.
Alone or up to 4 in local co-operation, the players can embody four characters, each one with different abilities, in order to cross all the levels.
- Designed, created, polished and debugged the five levels of the Underworld.
- Created many GPEs using visual scripting (Playmaker).
- Integrated visual assets and animations.
- Managed all the cameras.
- Made the different cutscenes.
- Designed some UI elements
- Designed new content for updates
One thing I'm proud of:
I had to design and create each level in two weeks. I also had to learn the gameplay, the homemade tools and the visual scripting at the same time.
One thing I learned:
Thanks to Unruly Heroes' release, I now have a better understanding of every step of a game production, including design, debug and polish. So I'm able to better anticipate the potential issues, especially regarding level design and everything related.